I've Got Cancer

 

So, it's official...I've got cancer. I wasn't surprised to hear those words. Sometimes you just have a feeling.

We are still waiting for some results from pathology that will provide us with more details about the type of cancer. This information will be important for deciding on the sequence of treatment. The initial report shows that I have cancer in my breast and also in the axillary lymph node they biopsied. Based on our conversation with the doctor today, we are fairly certain that both chemotherapy and surgery will be required. On Monday I have an appointment with a surgeon and hopefully by then we will have most/all of the information we need to figure out what happens next.

A good piece of news is that my bone scan was clear! I was very happy to hear this, because when you think you might have cancer you have the tendency to over-analyze little aches and pains. I'm glad my hips only ache because of 'old age.' ;)

I am in very good hands. We are so thankful that treatment is available locally and that the team at RVH have been so incredibly supportive and helpful.

As I have said to many of you in the last week, we are so grateful for the love and support from everyone. We promise that when we need help, we won't hesitate to ask.

 


Comments

  1. Amy, I adore your ability to find your gratitudes today. Keep it up my dear. A positive spirit will aid your path ahead in so many ways. When you need to borrow some positivity or ‘lean in’ on others energies…we are here ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. Sending you all my love! ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy I'm a survivor! Are you in any pain? Sending you so much love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Setback

Ask Me Why I Love My Job